Today, I’m posting one of my very favorite things to make—cranberry bread. This is a great recipe for many reasons. First of all, it’s moist, tangy and delicious. It’s great for breakfast, an appetizer, a dessert or as a side to dinner. I love slathering cream cheese on top for a yummy breakfast!
It’s also very, very simple to make. All you need is a bowl and wooden spoon. No fancy mixer required. I do use a food processor to chop the cranberries, but a knife will do just as well.
The best part of this bread is it freezes really well. I like to make a couple loaves in the beginning of December to freeze and pull out as needed throughout the holidays. It makes a great gift, too!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, oil and egg.
- Mix until blended, then stir in cranberries and nuts.
*NOTE: I like to put my cranberries in the food processor and pulse a few times rather than chop by hand. The finer, more precise chop makes for a better texture
5. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.