Dairy Free No-bake Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Besides cheese, chocolate is the biggest thing I miss since going dairy free. Of course I’m willing to give up dairy for my little man, but I don’t want to give up chocolate unless I have too.
I decided to re-vamp a recipe of mine the other day and made dairy free no-bake chocolate cookies. Here’s a little bonus for you: They are also gluten free!!!
These cookies are easy to make and will disappear in as much time as it takes to make them. In fact, I often feel like I need to hide them from myself, but then I would just be asking me where I hid them!
Disclimer: affiliate links below.
Dairy Free No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup Silk Coconut milk 80 cal
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 5½ cups quick oats (use Bob’s Red Mill oats for a gluten free treat!)
- ½ cup raw unsweetened peanut butter
- Mix the first four ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir for one minute and then remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and stir until mixed in.
- Add the quick oats and stir until coated. It will a bit runny at first but the oats will soak up all the moisture.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy! (some notes below)
There are a couple variations to this recipe that you can make if you want:
#2 Coconut Flavored: Add ¼ cup of shredded coconut and use unrefined coconut oil. (the oil that tastes like coconut)
#1 Almond: Use almond milk instead of coconut and almond butter instead of peanut butter.
Finally, quick oats are the secret to no-bake cookies that stay nice and round instead of running into a puddle. 🙂
If you are wondering why I use cacao powder instead of cocoa powder you can read this post here.
If you like my dairy free no-bake chocolate cookie recipe, you may also enjoy my peanut butter energy bars.