Praying for your Husband’s Day
When it comes to praying for your husband’s day, are you with me in feeling like you aren’t praying as you ought for him?
Sure, I will often think of him and breath a quick prayer for him. But I rarely pray purposely for him.
Just like last Friday when I was talking about having a vision, I want to have a vision towards my husband as well. I’m not talking about making my vision his, or any thing like that. But just like I have a vision for myself, I have a vision for Jason.
My vision for him would be that he will excel at work. That he would be a Godly Husband. That he would be a Godly father. Now obviously, I cannot make him become any of that. He has to want it, and God has to guide him. I can encourage and support him, but most importantly, I can pray for him.
I’ve been thinking on this subject a lot lately, and realizing how inconsistently and unspecifically I have been praying for him. So looking at my vision for him, I started writing down a few specific prayers for him.
Praying for your Husband’s day.
- Pray that he will have a vision towards Godly living.
- Pray that his heart would be turned and open towards God.
- Pray that he will find purpose in his work.
- Pray that the light of God would shine through him.
- Pray that he would find strength when temptation comes.
- Pray that he may know just who he is in the Lord.
- Pray that he will grow as the spiritual leader of the family.
- Pray that the men in his life will encourage him and hold him accountable as a Christian. (also pray that the Lord would bring those men into his life.)
- Pray that he will have wisdom in training his children.
- Pray that his heart belongs first to God, and then to you.
Of course, depending on your man, you will want to ad other specifics to that list. Perhaps praying for freedom from addictions, or that work and money would not be the focus of his life. Maybe it’s praying that he will be comforted in a loss.
Whatever it is, ladies, we NEED to pray for our man. I’m speaking to myself just as strongly here. It’s something we forget so easily. And if we are not praying for him, who is?
Know your husband’s weaknesses and stand in the gap for him. Talk to him at night and find out how work is going, very likely you will find out areas that your man needs prayer. Are you praying for your husband’s day?
I know I want to be much more specific, when praying for my dear man. 🙂