When we eat out at a nice place (it’s rare but it does happen!) hubby and I both love getting the hot spinach artichoke dip appetizer. Something about that smooth, hot, cheesy, melt in your mouth deliciousness that leaves us wanting more, and more… (I need to work on my self control here!)
After one particular hot spinach artichoke dip appetizer disappeared seemingly faster than usual (thanks to the toddler) it occurred to me that I could probably make it at home. So I googled a few recipes, picked and chose the ingredients that looked like they would suit us best, and donned my apron.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Appetizer
When I say hot spinach artichoke dip, I mean hot. More than just a hot heat though. One of the recipes I found mentioned using jalapenos, and they are the perfect addition of flavor!
- 1 stick (8 tbls) butter
- 1 Medium jalapeno - seeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves - minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts - coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach - drained and thawed
- Melt butter and saute jalapeno and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until well blended and bubbly.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, and spinach.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers or pita chips